Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Worked a wedding this past Saturday at the venue Bob Baker Marionette Theater in Los Angeles. I've always been fascinated at how the puppeteers can bring theses puppets to life. Brings back childhood memories of Knott’s Berry Farm, my playground. Congrats to Kevin and Samantha it was a fun venue and unique wedding reception. #marionettes #marionetteshow #bobbakertheater #historicalplace #evilqueen #sylhouettesbysylvia #silhouetteartist #silhouette #liveart #wedding #weddingreception #privateevents #unique #keepsake


on September 16th Samantha and Kevin were married and had their reception at the Bob Marionette Theater in Los Angeles. It was a whimsical  Pee Wee Herman theme. I found that I love this old theater and all of the maionettee/puppets that reside inside.

The Marionettes brought me back to my childhood Knott's Berry Farm where I practically grew up at, as it was literally my playground. My mom worked in Fiesta Village and weekends and summers were spent going on the rides, walking around the park all day, visiting the shops, meeting and talking to people from all around the world and all walks of life and.... watching all of the shows over and over again.

Bob Baker's Marionettes were featured on a small stage in Fiesta Village on weekends and every day in the summer. There was also a marionette show in the John Wayne Theater (as it was called at the time). The talented puppeteers made magic on the stage and the marionettes came to life in a large scale production.

It was at a young age I learned to appreciate the artful craft of puppeteering and the work that went in to create majestic puppets. I never could figure out how they could make the puppets move so gracefully  without getting the strings caught up on each other.

It was at Samantha and Kevin's wedding that brought back to those good memories and a renewed appreciation for an art that will become lost if it is not passed down to future generations.

Thank you Samanatha and Kevin for having Sylhouettes by Sylvia provide silhouette portraits for you and your wedding guests at your wedding reception. Congratuations, wishing you both a beautiful future with many blessings.

 via Instagram http://ift.tt/2fxYfsr


No comments:

Post a Comment