Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Mirror Lake Yosemite, CA #summer2017 #familyvacay #yosemite #yosemitenationalpark #nationalparks #travel #nature #hikingtrail


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2wvtnA4

Yosemite is one of my favorite places on this planet. Yes, even with the crowds of tourists from all around the world and the BEARS that roam around in their natural habitat.

Yosemite is beautiful and a wonderful place to visit. My first visit to the valley was twenty years ago and I have since made many more visits to which my family has created some of my most fondest memories.

Hundreds of trails to hike, lakes, rivers and waterfalls to cool off in or just stare at in awe of their natural beauty. And, even learn the history that lives between the granite walls is so much to appreciate.

Mirror Lake is a short walk to  enjoy a little bit of paradise. The lake was low but not too low to enjoy the reflection of half dome and it's surroundings. There was enough water for visitors to jump off the rock and swim in the crispy cold water. I took my shoes off and walked on the sandy bottom of the lake. It felt so refreshingly cold. And best of all, it was peaceful at the lake. Oh so peaceful! I didn't want to leave this little piece of paradise.
 -S-

No comments:

Post a Comment