Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Monday, August 8, 2011

One Heck of an Adventure!

The day starteid out kinda chaotic. Traffic seemed a bit heavier than normal Saturdays as I headed out  to my first event in Beverly Hills at Fago de Chao, I arrived late. I realized my scissors were not in my pouch with me. I was horrified! Thank God there was a mall next door and I purchased a small cuticle set. However, not what I am used to, it worked. I was so embarrassed. I went home to look for my scissors and they had fallen out of the bag and were in the trunk the entire time. Why didn't I think to look for them in there????

Traffic was stop and go all the way to my next event in San Diego La Valencia Hotel La Valencia Hotel. Not slow and go like usual. STOP and GO. I was late. And parked my car at the first parking structure I could find. Not at the hotel as suggested. I ran to the hotel to get started and stayed an extra hour to make up the difference for being late. I left and went to the parking structure and when I got to the structure the gate was closed shut. The car was unattainable. I was in La Jolla and no way to get around and no where to sleep. All of the hotels were sold out and needless to say, in La Jolla nothing under $300.00 per night. Now if I was going for a weekender to have fun, fun, fun. Maybe it would be worth it. But for a quick nap to get home. Nah uh.

Denny's here I come and I ended up in Pacific Beach, thanks to Costas my taxi driver. We walked and walked and walked in my formal dress and shoes and my bag on wheels in tow with my supplies. We walked down a street of drunks, street entertainers, bars, and need I say more. Alas! a tattoo parlour we can peek our couriousity and kill a few more hours hopefully. I saw a couch, I could rest my toes.

We meet the tattoo artist at Black Rose Tattoo. We talked, asked questions and eventually he asks what are we doing in Pacific Beach. Long story short....I cut out his silhouette, he gave one of us a free tattoo. Artist to artist appreciation thing. And before we know it it is four in the morning  and time to leave. We walk over to Denny's have a couple of cups of coffe and Costas comes back to pick us up at five am. Yesss!

We drive back to La Jolla and the gate to the parking structure is up. The car is free to go and we can drive home. An all nighter in . We save a few hundred bucks and finally get to sleep at 7:30 am. What a day! What a day! Who would have thought a silhouette job would have brought me to pull an all nighter? I am getting to old for this. But it was an adventure. I had a good time.

Not looking to do this again anytime soon. ha ha!

La Jolla Inn- $300.00 for one night. Only one vacancy in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment