Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finally recovered!?



Silhouettes, is pretty much all I look at these days. I can't help it. I went to Temecula the other day. I looked for old  antique silhouttes. I couldn't find any and I don't know why. About a year ago I saw several, but really not interested in buying any. The ones I saw were the ones painted on the glass frames. I wanted an original cut silhouette and they were very expensive. I forged on looking for silhouettes. None. I saw none. I will have to go back and look for again on another day, at another place maybe. So I have been cuttin some silhouettes of the days of the Roaring 20's and I left some on my bed. I was very detailed about some of them. And my dogs felt it necessary to use the silhouettes  as their pillows and thrashed them about. It's back to square one. I have a few examples of  the ones that were not thrashed. They are not mounted just placed gently on a book for  now.

No comments:

Post a Comment