Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Good News and Old News

First the Old News, as I was reminiscing about Knott's Berry Farm in my last blog. Coincidentally, a couple of days later friend sent to me a photo of the time when Knott's Berry Farm had first started Halloween Haunt. During the early years before the host of the "Elvira Show the Mistress of the Dark" it was the pioneer of night thriller was "Seymour the Master of Macabre". We laughed as he brought back many memories for us. I especially liked watching him on TV on Friday nights and he would pop up on the corner of the screen and tell a joke relating to the  thriller or scary movie. He was quite witty and funny too. Thanks BV for sharing.


Now we move on to the Good News!!! More events to come this summer, I have already have had a few great and wonderful events this summer  all over the Soutland. I am very excited for the ones I have coming up. It's the time of year when we have so much going on in addition to  weddings, birthdays, family reunions. I am so glad that I have one of these beauties come with me as my assistant they help me to keep the flow moving. I can get so many more silhouettes done as long as I have them mounting the silhouettes on the 5x7 card for the guests to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment