Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Carmaggedon shmarmagedon 7.16.11 Event

One of the biggest parts of doing Silhouettes at events is driving to get to an event.  ON TIME. Even though it goes without saying. If not for our GPS's or a well thought out mapping system, we must prepare for traffic and other unforeseeable circumstances when getting to events on time.

Alas! the announcement of Carmaggedon! I was going to be in a mess of traffic on the weekend of July 15. I had an event  to do on July 16th in the Bel Air area and because of the media, I planned on leaving very early to make sure I would not be late.

Traffic was light and the 405 Carmageddon did not occur as planned. Yes, I did plan an alternative route avoiding the 405 fwy. However, the traffic was moving right along on all freeways. I did not have any problems and arrived at my destination two hours early. I had planned on three hours of slow and go traffic on the roads. Thank goodness for planning ahead. Instead I would have like to have stayed home those extra hours.

Without the hoopla of the big Carmaggedon delays, I would have been stuck in regular Saturday traffic in L.A. anyway. So even though I imagined extra hours lounging around at home. The delays of traffic at no matter what amount, sitting in my car for any extra time than necessary is not a trade off. Instead, I had lunch in Brentwood and thank you Carmaggedon for my very early arrival at a very successful event. Many were told to stay away from the 405 and they did. It's just that I  was one who was in it and it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I have my very own Carmageddon story to share with the rest of the world.

Now for Carmageddon II in eleven months... do I dare?????

No comments:

Post a Comment