Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

I love it when my host/client is creative displaying silhouettes. Pinned silhouettes to the branches #birthdayparty #glendale #summer2017 #silhouettes #sylhouettesbysylvia #paperpics #liveartist #privateevents #handcutportraits #paperandscissors #contactme #casaadobe


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2vyrSiw
This birthday party was one of the cutest rustic parties I have been to in a while. The birthday party venue was at  Catalina Verdugo Adobe Park, a gem hidden in a residential area of Verdugo Hills in Glendale. Historical to the local area where remnants of the "Oak of Peace" remain. When I arrived, I couldn't help but noticed the gate to to the long driveway. I thought it was a private home nestled beyond the trees and foilage. It actually is a home, an adobe home built in 1828 and preserved for the public to enjoy the 1.3 acre property.
Back to the party, a fountain is  the centerpiece with picnic tables surrounding it. Yellows  daisies decorated tables, a bubble machine placed near the fountain filled the picnic area with bubbles, added to the setting of a peaceful Sunday afternoon picnic.
The host decorated and hung silhouettes in the trees with tiny clothespins. Which topped off the perfect backdrop for this lovely Sunday afternoon birthday party.
-S-
http://www.glendaleca.gov/government/departments/community-services-parks/parks-facilities-historic-sites/catalina-verdugo-adobe

No comments:

Post a Comment