Silhouette portraits are symbolic of family, celebration and an era of elegance, and simpler times

At first you may find this not much different than most blogs. But if you read on, you will join me on my journey which includes my family, places I visit, and people I meet. I am very grateful to share my art and consider it an honor to give something to people who have never seen how a silhouette is created or even had their silhouette done before. I love hearing the stories of those who may have posed for a silhouette years ago, at their elementary school, fair, or an amusement park. Some have shared, they still have their silhouette framed and hanging on their wall at home or their mom's wall. Others say it's in a scrapbook or put away in a box. What amazes me, is these stories always come from a good place and people cherish them and hold on to them for many years.
Silhouette art is unique and fun.

Friday, September 23, 2011

September! So Much! So Beautiful! So Amazing!



September has much to be said for, amazing weddings, events and connections. A great summer I had indeed. So many wonderful experiences.  And as we go into the fall season, I don't even know where to begin except for at the beginning. Aurora and Eugene wedding began the month of September to a lift off of amazing! Another great wedding in the first of the month of September was at the Darlington House, La Jolla Alicia + Jeremiah Wedding. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and work with Zapher Dajani, Founder of The Abbey Catering and Design.

September 8th, introduce the second week of the month with another fabulous event hosted by  The Knot ,"Cocktails and Connections" showcased several unique wedding ideas, including Sylhouettes by Sylvia. I can't say enough about the venue- Rancho Las Lomas, one word-"stunning"! Property owner Jeanne Lawrence, equally as stunning and such a gracious host. Natalie Good, her talents amazed everyone! A Good Affair Events and Productions provided the most amazing decor, florals, colors,  vendors and need I say more.  No wonder they are The Knot's 2011 Best of Amazing Picks. Amazing!
And that is it for the first part of the September. 

1 comment:

  1. September is indeed an awesome month when we all plan amazing events like weddings. Last September planned my sister’s wedding at Chicago event space. It was fantastic as wedding planners were hired and they did all arrangements really in great manner.

    ReplyDelete